Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ireland, It Is...

It's a long story. It really is.

But suffice it to say, for now, at least, that we have gotten direction for our Mission Trip 2013: We are heading to Ireland.

Yes, "WE." All three of us: Stephen, myself, and Psalm.

It' a miracle, really. Nothing short of a miracle.

----------------------------------------------------

There's so much more to say, but when I think about going back to Ireland next year, I can't help but think about those days this summer when we went to Ft. Smith and applied for our passports. And the day we received all three of them in the mail. Those days, for me, were days of "those moments": when you KNOW something BIG has just happened, but you don't know how to respond, exactly, because you know that this has LIFE-ALTERING IMPACT.

Yes, that's how this is.

But when I think of those days this summer, and realize, now, that we are really going, I think back to July 2011, when I was IN Ireland, working with the children at a church there, enjoying the services there, thinking how "at home" I felt there. I think of our travels around the beautiful hills and mountains in Ireland, the sea, the beaches, the beautiful GREEN LAND there, and how I longed--even back then--to return with Stephen and Psalm.

It was only a hope then. A dim hope.

Now, it is becoming reality. I can sense it, feel it. I know it is coming.

And though I do not know all that God has in store for us as a family, I am excited that we are going together, to this wonderful place, to serve Him.

It is, I must admit, overwhelming at times. Difficult to comprehend. Because the DREAM is within sight. This part of the DREAM is actually coming to fruition.

-----------------------------------------------------

Praise be to God, Creator of Heaven and Earth. Always and forever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment