Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Song on My Heart Tonight

Tonight, after feeling led to read chapter three of Daniel, I attempted to let all of the meanings and messages in that chapter soak in. (I literally LOVE soaking up the Word of God! I wish I could sit all day and let it saturate every pore of my mind and spirit!)

As I thought about how I really need to invest some future quality devotion time into the further contemplation and dissection of this chapter, a song's chorus began to bubble forth in my consciousness.

Here's the chorus:

"But I know Whom I have believed
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I've committed
Unto Him against that day."

This chapter reminds me that I can totally TRUST GOD. There is NOTHING too big, too demanding, too impossible for my God. He can intervene, save, miraculously and masterfully manipulate the "laws" of our planet if He so desires. Anytime. And anywhere.

If He intervenes, He is still my God.

If He doesn't intervene, He is still my God.

He can and WILL do what is RIGHT.

But if I come out of this breathing, alive, I will come out PRAISING HIM because HE DID IT. He enabled me to walk out of the fire unscathed. The "heat" turned up in this world, in this hectic political/social environment in which we frustratingly find ourselves enmeshed is nothing MY GOD can't handle. And not just that, no. It's inconsequential.

I TRUST YOU, LORD. FOR EVERYTHING AND IN EVERYTHING.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment