Friday, June 20, 2014

Missing Missions This Year

I'm missing missions this year.

I wanted to go, so badly, with a friend of mine who was travelling to help with children's ministries in Cork, Ireland, this summer.  But going on this trip would have meant that I'd have to miss the VBS at our church--the one my daughter, Psalm, attended!  And so I declined the trip. It just didn't make sense to go overseas and help kids at VBS when I was missing out on ministering to kids at the VBS at my own church.

I'm absolutely THRILLED for all of my friends who are going on trips this year--missions trips to Central America, Europe, and Israel.  It's awesome to see their hearts and lives and passion for Jesus Christ exapand and increase.  They are reaching out with Your message of Love.

In retrospect, I understand why this wasn't my summer to go.  I had NO IDEA that God would be allowing us to purchase a house of our own THIS SUMMER--and only HE KNEW that I would need every single dollar to pay for the down payment for the house.  He knew it, though, and protected our finances.

I'm so thankful and excited about the house He has led us to.  Words simply cannot express!

But I am also looking forward to my next misisons trip, whenever and wherever it is.  Because I cannot wait to learn more about Him and His heart for the world.  And because I believe that I was literally destined for this.  My mind goes back to when I was a teenager--I decorated my bedroom walls with MAPS of the world. At the time, I didn't think a thing about it.  I've always been interested in the geography of the world and the people who inhabit it.  I've always had a deep desire to GO PLACES.  And in my mid-adulthood, I learned why.  He called me to it.  All along, it was His plan.

And, honestly, this is how I know that I have not taken my last missions trip.  

He is not finished with me yet.

--------------------------------------------------------

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for being true to your Word, for blessing your Children, for multiplying our seed.  Thank you for the GIFTS you give us--and for hearing our heart's cries and making all things possible.  I PRAISE YOU for Who You Are!  And this summer, as I struggle to figure out, still, the fullness of my calling, I know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER TO GOOD, and that You will lead me, and I must be patient until You put the puzzle pieces together.  I trust You fully and completely.
Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment