Saturday, August 9, 2014

Facebook Post This Morning

People often share their hearts with the world on Facebook. I am one of those people who believe that, all too often, people share more than they need to. But then there are times when you read something that breaks your heart, for whatever reason.

The following Facebook post--copied and posted here with zero editing or corrections--caught my attention this morning. It disturbed me enough to respond and then chronicle it all here, on my blog. The woman who posted this is, if I remember correctly, somewhere around ten years older than I (and I turn 43 in a couple of months).

Her Post:

"you know it is really sad when you go into a eating establishment and people make fun of you. well it happened to me today I went to see my son at work and a man made fun of me for the way I looked and told me I was contagious and that really hurt my feelings. let me just say im not contagious imjust getting older so if you don't like the way I look turn your head. my husband and both of my kids don't care how I look on the outside what matters in on the inside. some people are hateful. just had to get this off of my chest . . . "

My Response:

"That is just BIZARRE. But, in my short time on this planet, I have determined that those who do and say things like this are among the most miserable of God's creatures. For whatever reason, they have not found peace with God and/or with themselves, and they project their own self-loathing upon others. As a Child of God, it hurts when ppl treat us this way, but deeeeeeep down, we feel Him speaking to us: We are Children of the Most High God; we are LOVED, ACCEPTED, EMPOWERED, and we are BEAUTIFUL in His sight and in our own right! You ARE beautiful, sister. Keep your chin up and KEEP ROCKIN' IT!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment