Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Snow on the Hilltop

There is snow on the hilltop,
I can see it when I open my front door.
It snowed there overnight.

It is cold where I stand viewing it,
Blue-white blanket on treetops,
I wish I were close enough to touch it.

I'd hoped it would blanket my front yard,
But it didn't make it to me...
We aren't close enough to the hilltop.

Down in the valley, we can look up and see
The snow capped hill in front of us.
We reside in a different elevation.

Yet there is something within me these past days,
Urging me to follow my heart and climb the hilltop,
There is a place for me there.

I must gather my thoughts--and my resolve--
And begin the trek upward...
A new plane of existence awaits us there.

Where there is snow on the hilltop.

No comments:

Post a Comment