Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Revisiting Luke: A Wake-Up Call

I'm reading in the book of Luke this week, and I've got to say--it's been a WAKE UP CALL.

I felt led to start listening to it on the road to Sallisaw one day, and then at the track today. Right now I'm on Luke, chapter 14. Though I'm about half-way through it, I know that I'm supposed to go through it again.

And I'm looking forward to it.

It's easy to forget the PERSON Christ was--the things he said, the things he did. And Luke is a reminder of the kind of person He is: And the kind of person, as a "Christian," that I'M supposed to be.

Listening to the book is interesting, too. When I read, I use pen and highlighters and make multiple notes. But when I listen? I start to seeeeee it.

At the track today, with the heat and the occasional breeze, I started to SEE him, envisioning Him speaking on the rocking boat, on the mountainside, in the streets, and in homes. It was like I could hear Him--and those around him.

"Heal me, Master."

"We are going to perish!"

"My daughter..." "My son..."

And His words of love--of correction, of direction, of guidance, of warning. His Spirit. Shining through the words and phrases.

It was like I was there.

I cannot express how much I love getting into the Word--especially when it COMES ALIVE and is illuminated!!! It's like it's ALL AROUND ME!!!

I enjoyed every second of it. Wish I could "live in that" every day of my life!

But I am committed to enjoying THESE moments with Him. And looking forward to others, more frequent, I hope!

-----------------------------------------

Dinner calls....So I will wait to venture into a discussion of the personal convictions and challenges I've received at the hearing of His Word this day.

(I LOVE YOU, LORD!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment