Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Life Verse

Right after Project Gideon ended, Stephen and I headed to our ministry class in Oklahoma City.

Right after we were seated, the head of the program went to the front and asked two people to come forward from the crowd (Stephen and I were not among those in the crowd. We had already taken our position in the class seating on the stage). He asked those people to tell the audience what their life verse from the Bible was and why.

I thought this was REALLY interesting since it related so much to what Bishop had challenged us to do. And in a split second, I saw the wisdom in this challenge.

We needed to be prepared to tell people our Life Verse because it reveals something about our calling and our own Good News that we will share with people.

My Life Verse is:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that Whosoever Believeth in Him, should Not Perish, but Have Everlasting Life."

AND, the verse that follows it:

"For God sent not His Son into the World to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."

(John 3:16-17)

For me, the important concepts include: "GOD LOVES US," HE SACRIFICED FOR US, WHOSOEVER MEANS ANY.BODY., NO CONDEMNATION, SALVATION IS FOREVER.

I think these verses DO say much about my individual testimony of The Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment