Thursday, March 8, 2012

What on Earth is Project Gideon?

On March 1-2, 2012, Stephen and I attended a conference with Bishop T.D. Jakes in Irving, Texas, called "Project Gideon." The Project was designed for young ministers under 40. Bishop Jakes said that he felt compelled to speak into the lives of the coming generation of ministers. The conference was designed for 300 people--though he took almost 50 more than that, and he did not allow cameras or recording devices of any kind--including his own. It was a private discussion for two days between the Bishop and us.

It was amazing.

In this blog, I hope to discuss some of the things he said and how these things have impacted my life.

In one of his classes, he said, "You think you're 19, but you're not." He looked at us, quite severely, and said, "My generation should hear you coming. We can't hear you."

And I knew in my heart that he was right. I was studying and reading God's word like a 19 year old, not as a 40 year old. I realized, with no little pain, that I needed to gain more momentum in my spiritual progress, learning to better focus, to better "study to shew myself approved unto God," to "do my homework"--ultimately because I know that it is PAST TIME, and I know that I need to "kick it into gear" and commit fully to the call of God.

And I pray, somehow, through all of this, that they finally hear us coming.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Project Gideon was absolutely amazing!!

    Let's stay connected and keep the dialogue going!

    Pastor Derrick Phillips
    Lead Pastor, The Rock Church Raleigh
    www.rockthecitync.org
    www.twitter.com/derricklphillip

    ReplyDelete