Friday, June 8, 2012

Divine Meeting at the Rangers Game

--This post is currently under construction--

It was a good game, it really was, the Rangers Game on May 26, 2012. They went for thirteen innings and Josh Hamilton hit a homerun in the last inning--apparently, he was severely ill and could barely see to hit the ball, they would say later on the news--to close the ball game against Toronto with a win.

I'm amazed, I must say, that I remember those details. Oh, how marriage has changed me! :)

All of us were there--with two bus loads of people from the church--to see the game. Stephen, myself, Allie, Raylee, and Psalm caravanned down behind his parents--his brother and future sis-in-law would meet us there. We got great tickets, the ones which come with the unlimited buffet and drinks! So worth the extra money--no doubt about it.

We were excited.

But when we walked, with great effort, down to our seats, holding children and trays full of food (not to mention the drinks!), I realized that I would be unable to stay. Stephen had not purchased an individual seat for Psalm; she was supposed to sit on someone's lap. Mine. Although I walked down to the seating and actually sat down, I realized in a millisecond that I would not be staying. There was no room.

So I got sissy and led her by the hand all the way back to the top, where the few seats in the air-conditioned buffet were. I knew from our last game visit that that seating was few and far between, so I mentally started praying with every step I took.

God, you see me. I'm not trying to be difficult. I just really don't want to be miserable for the next three hours. Please help me. Please....

The only way I was getting a seat was if God opened one up for us.

We entered the room and walked just half-way through before I stopped to ask a couple of ladies if we could join them, just Psalm and I. They were extremely gracious--it was just them, two friends watching a ball game--and allowed us to sit.

Within five minutes, we had begun a conversation that would last two hours. At the conclusion of the conversation--when they both had to leave--we exchanged information and hugs and promised to get in touch when and if I got the chance to get to Dallas again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not feel as if I have the liberty to discuss the spiritual impact of this meeting and conversation at this time, but I can say that it was obvious to all of us that it was a DIVINE MEETING. There was no doubt in any of our minds that we all were supposed to meet, connect, and exchange dialogue and information.

I have posted this on the Project Gideon blog for a very specific reason. This meeting has something to do with my destiny. I feel it. I know it, down deep, somewhere. It's like I was given a huge puzzle piece--not knowing where or when or what--but KNOWING that it's something that I'm supposed to pay attention to, closely, right now, at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment