Friday, January 11, 2013

The Circle Maker

I am reading--at a slow pace, mind you, due to all the notations I'm making in the margins!--THE CIRCLE MAKER by Mark Batterson. It's an INCREDIBLE book about prayer, and I feel like I have been divinely led to this book "for such a time as this."

Already, I can tell this is the kind of book you read twice or three times just to digest it. It's not one you breeze through and accumulate information in a "hit or miss" fashion. Although I've only made it about a third of the way through, I can already HIGHLY RECOMMEND it as one of the most life-changing books or manuals in my lifetime.

I have long asked God for direction in my prayer life, for instruction, for the discipline to follow through. I have long known how important it is to have an effective prayer life. But I feel like, NOW, I am actually feeling the alterations within, the craving to pray, to learn more about prayer and to exercise my faith in deeper prayer.

Recently, I watched a children's movie called THE GUARDIANS, and I really felt God speaking to me throughout the film and stirring within me. It took me about a month to realize why He kept tugging at my heartstrings--and leading me to powerful thoughts and material regarding prayer.

Don't get me wrong: I fully realize that there is a plethora of information "out there" about every imaginable facet of prayer, but God knew which of those resources was going to be beneficial for ME.

Talk about a personal God.

I look forward to finishing this book, to planting word-seeds about prayer into my spirit for the coming year/s, and to being the type of person people KNOW and RECOGNIZE as a Prayer-Warrior/Spiritual Guardian due to my prayer life.

I am thinking of the song that says: "I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be a Casual Christian. I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live a lukewarm life. Cuz I wanna light up the night, with an everlasting Light. I don't wanna live a Casual Christian life."

Yes, I want to be a prayer warrior. I want to get to the point where I can have prayers that change lives, edify the church, demonstrate the power and glory of God. Ultimately, though, I want to be that person that God can use. To reach this dying world for Jesus Christ.

Amen and Amen.

Prayer: "Lord, my life is in Your hands! Teach me and guide me in all your ways. I want to please only you. You hold my whole world in your hands, and I'm grateful. I love you with everything in me. Forever and always, to Infinity and Beyond!!!" Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment