Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thoughts for The Year to Come

There's a song in "The Sound of Music" that inspires me to think about what is to come in 2013:

"What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting..."

I do wonder what the year ahead will bring. Already, in just a handful of days, it has brought heartache (my dear friend's loss of hand and health problems) and excited anticipation (with our ministry studies).

In the next two months, I am excited about hearing Mark Batterson speak in person (at the Genesis Conference in Ft. Smith) and T.D. Jakes (at Project Gideon). I'm excited about getting through our Oklahoma School of Ministry studies in the months ahead and getting licensed this fall in November. I am also hoping that Stephen and Psalm and I will have clarity about our summer's missions project and get to go to Ireland (or wherever else He needs us).

And who knows what else is to come? Who knows what God will do in the next few months?

I look forward with anticipation to the year ahead. I know there will be, most certainly, challenges to overcome, but my hope and prayer is that He will make me stronger this year, grow me, excel me, excite me, and help me be the person He has destined me to be.

This year, instead of "Resolutions," I have made a pledge to pray as often as possible, engaging in the 7:14 Prayer Movement which challenges us to pray twice a day. I love this. And I plan to allow this to make me more conscientious of prayer and the need for disciplined prayer.

I have a profound HOPE for the days ahead. I honestly look forward to all God is going to do in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment