Sunday, January 6, 2013

The 7:14 Prayer Movement

The Assemblies of God is calling for a "7:14 Prayer Movement" starting this year and going until next. The 7:14 refers to the following verse in II Chronicles:

"Then if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14 NCV)

At 7:14 a.m./p.m., believers are urged to stop everything and pray. What we pray for, specifically, is up to us, of course, but with this verse in mind, we might consider focusing on God to show up in us, our home, our communities, the nation, the nations (plural).

There is an app you can download for FREE on the Iphone and Ipad that will remind you to pray, includes a customizable prayer list and scripture and devotion reading for each day as well. But my FAVORITE feature on the app is that you can watch, LIVE, as people click their "I prayed today" buttons and their state lights up and a ticker says, "Someone prayed in Poteau, Oklahoma," or wherever that someone prayed.

I think this is my favorite app in the whole wide world, honestly. I LOVE how it really helps me to keep scheduled with my prayers and how I can watch as others UNITE in prayer for a move of God in our country.

Just imagine. Seriously. What will happen in our country if we all CONTINUE to use this app, continue to pray, encourage others to pray! What will happen in my state? My community? My home? In me?!?

Imagine what COULD happen!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment