Sunday, January 25, 2015

Trixie: An Old Friend Reappears in My Dreamworld

I'm actually not sure that this post belongs on this blog--perhaps it should be on my "A Happy Psalm or Two" blog--but since I dreamed it, and since it connected with me emotionally on a deep level, I'm placing it here because I suspect it may say something about something (yes, I realize that is vague)--as dreams often do.

I dreamed I was at my Mom's house visiting. And when I couldn't drive because someone destroyed the roads (there was a sense of political threat going on), a big, beautiful, brown quarter-horse stood up and came to me so I could ride her to where I needed to go. Her name was Trixie. And I knew her name, instinctively. She hadn't been visible--she'd been hiding behind a tree, in the greenery. It was clear that Mom and I didn't know that she was there, but when she stood, it was as if she had always been there, always been my horse.

First, she carried me to check out the damage of the roads. I had an engagement and knew my car would not take me, so this horse stands up in Mom's front yard and comes to me: and I know her, I remember her--though I know I haven't seen her in years.

**Inserting Reality Bit: When I was growing up, we had a miniature pony named Trixie. We had her for a few years before my parents sold her because she was out in the back pasture predominately by herself. But that was when we lived in California, not here. This pony in the dream was large, like a beautiful quarter horse. Same color as our Trixie, but much larger. Yet, I felt connected to this large pony in the dream, as if I'd known her all the time.**

Then, I have to go speak somewhere, at Mom's church (which is what I'm actually doing this morning) and I get in my car and I'm sorry to have to leave her, the tall horse follows my car for the length of the fence at Mom's house. I am yelling out the window, "Bye, Trixie! Bye! I love you! Thank you!"

I woke up feeling the dream was so rich and real: and I wondered why this horse was such a big part of the dream. Am I supposed to get a horse? Or is this a memory of sorts? A reminder that everything we touch is always there in some way?

No comments:

Post a Comment