Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Leap of Faith in 2017

During the second service at church today, I felt the Lord rest upon my mind, start working in my spirit.

I cried for 10-20 minutes, while my pastor was speaking. There I was on the front row, tears spilling down my face. I had to take my glasses off. I couldn't stop crying.

I felt Him dealing with me. I could feel Him showing me some things in my spirit.

Between services, I had spoken to one of my CLOSEST spiritual friends. I had told her about my doubts--that somehow I had come to the point that I thought God had forgotten about my desires, my Calling, my heart for Him. (It has felt for some time that I am limited, unable to follow the calling He has for my life. I've felt at a stand-still, and one thing I fear most is becoming comfortable with my walk for Christ.) And then, there I was believing that I had anything to do with it at all. I just gave it to God.

"I trust You. You know my heart. This is on You. If You want me to stand still and DO THIS (what I'm doing right now) and never do anything else new for the rest of my life, so be it. Your Will be done."

And then the second service happened and He started downloading some things in my heart.

(I will not discuss these things in detail until there is a development.)

Suffice it to say, I left church today with a burden to investigate a potential missions trip to a place I've wanted to go for a long, long time. (And, may I say, it's a place that scares me to death in some respects?!)

All the way home, I prayed, "Lord, let all of the doors open if this is your will. Put it in my husband's heart to agree to let me go if this is Your Will."

When we got home, I shared my heart with Stephen, and he said, "Of course. Why would you think I'd say anything else?"

Thank you, Lord.

Now to figure out who I'm going with to get there...and how I'm going to raise the funds financially to go.

I sent an email to the most unlikely of ministries--a ministry that actually goes on THIS EXACT TRIP that is on my heart this May!!!. There are a million reasons why they may tell me "no"--not the least of which is the deadline for application, which is in 7 days. But, for me, I need to see if this is indeed the group I'm going with.

From there, I will talk to my Pastor and see if I can clear the dates.

And, don't worry...I'll post a Blog keeping track of the journey...

Thank you, whoever is reading this, for the prayers. I will need them, every single one of them, I promise.

God's Will Be Done & May His Presence and Blessings rest upon us,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment