Monday, January 2, 2017

Word for the Coming Year: Immanuel

Each year for the past few years, I have asked the Lord to give me a Word or Verse for the coming year.

The first time I remember Him giving me one was several years ago when He told me Ephesians 3:20 would be my life verse. This was my life verse for two years, as I recall. And He was true to His Word. I saw that verse lived out in my life.

Last year, as I mentioned in a previous post, he gave me a Word that was, in effect, the equivalent of "I will sustain you." I remember, at the time, being kind of disappointed and questioning what I'd heard...Surely my Word for the year would be more inspiring, encouraging. No...no "above and beyond what I can think or imagine." It was what my year was going to be all about--survival and making it--with His help.

This year, I have heard very clearly, in my spirit, the word "Immanuel."

GOD WITH US.

So, whether awful times come this year--"GOD WITH US."

Whether good times--"GOD WITH US."

In times of amazing victory--"GOD WITH US."

Through thick and thin, nothing and abundance, He will go with us wherever we shall go. HE IS WITH US through it all. What an amazing Word. What an incredible promise.

I receive that Word, whole-heartedly.

(And I know better than not to receive it--it's my Word whether I like it or not! He knows what lies ahead, He is fully aware of what I am not. He sees what is coming. I choose to trust Him. HE IS WITH ME through it all.)

Immanuel.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment