Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Power of A Thought

What you say can mean life or death. Those who speak with care will be rewarded. (Proverbs 18:21 NCV)

Our words are weighty.

We must be careful with every single word that comes out of our mouths--which means that we must be mindful that every single word we utter has power.

The Lord is mindful of what we say.

It would behoove us to use caution when speaking, when commenting about the lives of others, and of those we love. And this includes ourselves.

Our words are not just words.

"Speak Life": I want to speak life into my own life and the lives of others. And to do this, I must then be careful what I say. I need to speak positivity into every situation, even when I don't necessarily see it or feel it.

If what we say can mean life or death, then certainly what we think and what we meditate on influences everything we "speak" into existence.

We must guard our thoughts.

Although not a novel idea, for sure, this is an important reminder for me as I begin my work week this morning--I must be careful not to give my thoughts voice if they do not build up.

This reminds me of the oft-quoted, oft-trivialized (due to its repetition), verses in Philippians which tell us to "think on these things"...Because what we meditate or "think on" is what we will speak, what we will generate by our Spoken Word.

How powerful the Spoken Word.

How exponentially more powerful the thought that preceded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment