Friday, November 7, 2014

Taking Another Step--in Prayer

Today, I texted Dana and Paula, my spiritual sisters at work, and asked them to come by when they got a chance, that I had an announcement to make.

I wanted to tell them about the vision God has given me for the non-profit organization.

We finally got an opportunity to talk this afternoon in the hallway.

"I am in the process of starting a non-profit organization for kids," I told them.

They didn't act surprised.

Immediately, Dana said, "Let's pray," and we held each other's hands, making a prayer circle, and praying in turn.  Right there in the hallway.

Dana and Paula both prayed over the work God was calling me to, over the organization, over the kids, and over the coming days and the process.

And I was transported to a moment earlier this year, when Dana and Paula and I stood in the driveway of the house Stephen and I had just bid on, a house we only hoped to own.  And while on that driveway, holding hands in a prayer circle, I felt the Presence and Peace of God.  Then, we prayed for God's Will.  And it was then that I had no idea if anyone would even/ever sell us a home, finance it, but it didn't matter anymore.  Because we'd given it to God.   

He gave us that marvelous home.

As we held hands today in the hallway, I realized that I was standing in a powerful prayer circle again, asking God to have his way in yet another potential miracle.

It dawned on me then.  

This thing is covered.  Whatever happens, I will follow the call.   The Spiritual Marker has been placed, and I give it to God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment