Sunday, March 17, 2013

Stirring in My Spirit

As sick as I have been,
As weak as I have felt today,
I can honestly say
There is a stirring in my spirit.

Although my brain has slowed
To no more than a snail's pace,
I can feel it deep within me,
A stirring in my spirit.

What I can sense through
Cloudy perceptors?
That God is moving, making
A Way, confirming, stirring...

There is a calling from
THE DEEP, a Morse Code
of Sorts--I can't hear the sounds,
But I can detect a faint tapping...

Tap, tap, tapping, on the
Wellspring of my Soul:
It' s going to be okay,
There's an Answer on the way.

With my eyes open, I can't see:
There is chaos and confusion,
A blurring of concrete forms--
And yet, when I close my eyes...

There it is--the Movement of Air,
A distant roar, like a Command;
Something is Coming; Someone
Commanding a divine change.

He is Aware of my situation,
And He has Commanded a change.
With spiritual force, He has Willed It,
And Here It Comeeeees . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment