Saturday, March 2, 2013

THE MAGIC OF A MOMENT: OUR GOD IS WAAAY BETTER THAN DISNEY

No matter your take on "magic," it's usually not a word associated with our God.

But, I don't know. I've seen my God do some "magical things," and orchestrate some "magical moments" in my life.

One of those moments happened the first evening of the conference, when Bishop Jakes invited us all to a private screening of the movie "42"--I highly recommend this movie, by the way!!!

Stephen and I had ordered dinner at the concession stand--it's one of those theatres where they sell dinner meals that you can buy and eat in the theatre. And since I wasn't sure how long the movie was going to be, I told Stephen, while he was in line waiting for our order, that I was going to the Ladies Room.

And there I was, washing my hands afterwards, when a lady got my attention by saying, "Are you the lady who wrote on the blog about Project Gideon?"

----------------------------------------------------------

And let me go back a moment, to just a few hours earlier....

There I was, in the conference room of 500, when it occurred to me that there was a woman, one woman, who had responded to one of my blogs here on my "Beyond Project Gideon" posts, and she had said she was interested in the conference, that she might plan to go.

And I remember looking around the room, wondering who that person was, whether she had actually made it to the conference, and then how on earth I would ever know if she came or find her if she was here--I didn't even know what she looked like!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward, then, to the bathroom at the movie theatre....

"Are you the one?" I screeched! "I was just thinking about you earlier today! I asked God if you were here, if you'd made it! But I had no idea how on earth I'd ever find you!"

"I thought I saw you earlier, at the conference," she said, "but I never got the chance to come see if it was you!"

I told her what a REAL BLESSING it was to see her, run into her, and know that God had orchestrated our meeting in the Ladies Room! Of all places!

Then we took this photo together and she gave me her card so I could find her on Facebook!

----------------------------------------------------------

THE MAGIC OF GOD is that He does the IMPOSSIBLE, not with a wave of His wand, but with His Word and His WILL. We don't have to "sell our souls" to experience the TRUE MAGIC OF GOD, HIS LOVE and HIS LIFE and HIS WILL for our lives.

I'm telling you right now: if God can orchestrate the moment when I met that woman in the bathroom, he can do ANYTHING.

Our God is WAAAAAY better than Disney!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment