Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Acorn and The Oak Tree

"An acorn doesn't look like a tree, but it is."
--Bishop Jakes

God uses the seemingly insignificant things in this life to demonstrate His love and show His glory. He alone knows what is inside the smallest seed--He alone knows what that seed is capable of. Sometimes, all the smallest seeds need? Soil to grow in. And time. Lots of time.

It's really incredible, amazing, how God is. He can look on the heart of a man or woman and know the potential that lies within it.

As I was thinking over this quotation today, I thought about what God has done in me over the past three decades. I wonder at what He must have seen when I was going "my way" or exploring "on my own." And I can't help but be amazed by His love and grace, His provision, His safe-keeping. And His belief in me.

If every man is an acorn, I wonder at what God can do in each heart--including my own!--if we continue to be planted in the correct kind of soil and given time.

------------------------Prayer
Lord, You alone see the heart of me. You know what lies within me--You alone know the potential I have still yet to realize. Help me to dig in, seek Your face, hold Your hand...no matter what. Help me to realize the potential You have placed within me. I don't want to miss Your will for my life. I don't want to be satisfied with anything but ALL of what You have for me. Grow me, Lord, as You grow that acorn into an oak tree. Please, Lord, may I live to please You.

No comments:

Post a Comment