Saturday, March 2, 2013

THE BATHROOM BREAK THAT NEARLY "KILLED ME"

After the second AMAZING session ended, I excused myself from the table where we were sitting and made way for the Ladies Room.

I told Stephen when I got up, "Please watch my things, babe, while I'm gone?"

He agreed.

If you're a lady reading this, then you know how we can be about our things. We don't like to leave anything even half-way valuable to us--that's why you see so many of us carrying more than one bag!

But since Stephen assured me he would watch my bag--with my IPAD and keyboard--and my purse--with EVERYTHING we needed to get home in my wallet!!!--I left quickly with confidence that he would take care of it.

But a few minutes later, I returned. And it took me a while to find my place at the conference table, because he was GONE!!!

I guess the look on my face said it all--Stephen told me later he could see my face, and he "knew" what I was thinking because it was all over my face!

I mean, I found our chairs because my bag and purse were still there where I left them--and they were completely unattended!!!

I sat down, grumpily, and searched for some kind of message Stephen may have left me. Did he write a note? Did he send me a text telling me why he'd left all our things unattended at the table?

No, no he hadn't.

And then I looked up. And there he was, at the front of the conference room, waving at me with his IPHONE. And there, just a few people from him, was Bishop Jakes!!!

Stephen was waving me to come up there and join him, and then I understood: HE WAS GETTING HIS PHOTO TAKEN WITH BISHOP JAKES!!!

I ran up and "excused" myself through the crowd to Stephen. I couldn't believe it!!! We were in a line to get our pictures with Bishop Jakes!

Part of me kept praying over and over that we wouldn't get shooed away right at the last moment. The closer we got, the more excited I was.

And then it happened!

We were there! And we introduced ourselves to Bishop and he smiled and put his arms around us and we got a picture taken by one of his staff members!

After the photo, I told Bishop Jakes, "God Bless you, Bishop!" And he said, "Thank you!"

Stephen and I walked out of the conference doors and into the hallway...And I just sat down on a window sill and started crying.

I could't believe it. I couldn't believe what God had done for me. For us.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, that bathroom break nearly "killed me." I just can't help but think what I would have missed--what opportunity! what dream fulfilled--had Stephen not been there.

When I think about that moment, I hear God speaking to me about my life, my goals, my dreams, even those spiritual "markers" and "mile stones" that are laid down in our lives: We can't do it on our own. God has placed the RIGHT people in our lives at the RIGHT time to help us navigate the twists and turns of our lives. If Stephen wouldn't have been there with me, to seize this God-given opportunity, I'm quite certain I would have missed the entire opportunity.

We need one another. And that's part of God's plan for us. That we share this thing with others--and give Him praise in UNISON for all HE has done!

Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment